Thursday, October 23, 2008

aint supposed to die on a saturday night


so finally i think ill make regular posts
ive had this damn thing for months now and have like 2.5 posts... lame

here's the deal:
im taking a break from drinking for a while, and after 4 days, my creativity is starting to break through a little. SO, my idea is that i need a project to keep me sane, as well as something to occupy my time. My idea originally was to write a short story, semi autobiographical, but simply a story of blunders, fuck ups, lameness, disinterest, break ups, and otherwise debauchery. then i thought, "hey, dont i suck at writing? yeah! yes i do! why dont i put my degree to some use and write a script?"

so that brings me to current. i have been brainstorming ideas, doing webs, writing notes, and generally racking my brain for ideas, motivation, and characters. A story of a lack of motivation in a young artist as he spirals downward to his own destruction, sometimes highlighting to hidden pleasures in wasting passion. I just need a solid story line for the main character to measure his gate. Plus i need to character studies and create some sort of empathy for situation at hand.

so im going to post ideas as they develop, progress, and sections of script as they come so that my friends can check it out and give me notes. im hoping for a finish rough draft by january, and an edited, with notes, final draft by march.

log line: younger, bukoski-esque writer/artist during pittsburgh winter.

1 comment:

blackbeard said...

I heard smoking pot makes you more "creative"...